Sunday, September 4, 2016

Switching to Sulfate-free haircare...OGX Coconut Curls // Curly Hair Care

Hi everyone! I'm soooo happy to be back! :) I have been having some issues with my laptop constantly overheating with the photo editing program I use but now my laptop is okay.... for now o.O Merp. It still needs some tweaking because as I type this, I can hear it overheating again. :(

So I have had my ups and downs with my hair. If you have curly hair, you probably have a good understanding of why. Curly hair is naturally drier which is why it's important to make sure your curls are getting enough moisture to help tame frizz, de-tangle locks and moisturize dry split ends.

I have heard so many different girls with beautiful curly hair saying how they make sure they use sulfate free shampoos, conditioners, leave in conditioners and oils. Sulfate is an ingredient found in many shampoos that strips the scalp of the oils it naturally produces which can be a good thing for many oily haired girls. But not so good for girls with curly hair. So! I have decided to follow suit and try it out for myself.

Quenching Coconut Curls Curling Hair Butter Leave In or Rinse Out
I picked up the following:
  1. OGX Quenching + Coconut Curls Shampoo
  2. OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Conditioner
  3. OGX Coconut Curls Curling Hair Butter Leave In or Rinse Out  
  4. OGX Coconut Miracle Oil Penetrating Oil
  5. OGX Coconut Curls Styling Milk
First of all, Coconut Curls and Miracle Oil are two different lines in the OGX family :) Its been almost a month since I started using these lines and I would recommend this for people with dry scalp and dry hair. Ever since I started using this combo of items I have noticed that my scalp has been oilier and I have had much more hydration to my hair. That being said... this is most definitely not for someone who has an oily scalp and/or straight hair. I wouldn't say my hair is oily but I don't have a dry scalp anymore :)

My hair also has less frizz and more shine which I really, really appreciate!

In this picture my hair was still considerably wet but later in the day as it dries, it starts to expand with more volume lol :) I have also stopped using my diffuser which is also a leading contributor for split ends and heat damage! The one other product I use is the Tigi CatWalk Curls Rock Amplifier and that helps to hold the curl. Other than that my hair right now is completely OGX lol :)

If you are in the market for curly hair care and styling, I would really suggest this line by OGX. You might find your scalp a little oily. If you do, you can try using a regular sulfate shampoo once or twice a week depending how you feel your hair is doing.

Thank you for stopping by! :) What does your hair care routine consist of? Happy Labor Day! xx

1 comment:

  1. My hair is probably more frizzy than curly but it is certainly dry so I may have to give this a try :) I'm trying to cut out heat more as well so maybe this could help define my curls a bit more so they will look more under control! x

    ReplyDelete