Sunday, August 14, 2016

Josie Maran Whipped Mud Mask Collection // 1 Week Review

Hey loves :) For those regular readers, you may or may not know how stressed I have been... but yes, I have been super stressed out balancing school, work and my health. I have desperately been looking for ways to relax as my skin has also been on a rampage with my high stress and anxiety levels. I have been really neglecting skin care and I really need to start taking care more of my skin.

I came across this really, really cute and great set on Sephora. I was actually browsing HSN and I saw them advertising this and I decided to cross check on Sephora their prices and I saw that Sephora had this set of 5 different deluxe sizes for the price of 1 full size.

A full sized, full price Josie Maran Whipped Mud Mask comes with 1.7 oz for $48.
THIS particular set comes with 5 x 0.5 oz ( a total of 2.5 oz ) for the same price of $48. I had to jump on this set!
Cucumber Aloe
 Cucumber Aloe, use when you crave:
Tranquility
Rest
Vitality
Sweet Citrus

Sweet Citrus, use when you crave:
Joy
Compassion
Freedom

 Sweet Basil Mint, use when you crave:
Excitement
Strength
Clarity
Vanilla Apricot
 Vanilla Apricot, when you crave:
Comfort
Warmth 
Courage
Lavender Citrus
 Lavender Citrus, use when you crave:
Balance
Enlightment
Creativity

 First and foremost, these all performed the same as each other. The only difference between them is their scent. The purpose of having different colors or different scents is to provide aromatherapy which I really enjoyed! The names of the products are self explanatory such as Cucumber Aloe smells like cucumber and so on. My least favorite would have to be the Lavender Citrus only because I personally don't like lavender too much. My favorite one, hands down, is the Vanilla Apricot. It smells so yummy and comforting! It truly is so relaxing and my kind of scent. If you are into "warm", apricot or "vanilla-y" scents, you would LOVE this one. In that aspect, I really love that Josie Maran kept the same formula for all of these but changed the scents to provide aromatherapy for specific needs or for your own personal scent preferences regardless of therapeutic needs.

The first benefit I noticed was the moisturizing effect it had on my skin. I really noticed that on the second day. Throughout the week I started noticing how buttery my skin started feeling and I freaking love it! The texture of my skin significantly improved to a smooth, buttery and soft texture. I still have acne and I still have tiny, small acne bumps but I am glad to say that these mud masks did not irritate my skin whatsoever. I noticed my skin felt plumper for sure but not so much more in firmer. Maybe a little firmer but not too much. I feel like there are other products out there that firm the skin much better than these masks.

My pores have stayed the same as well. I have very noticeable pores on my nose and unfortunately I did not see an improvement with my pores. I'll be sticking to using a toner.

Another thing that I would like to point out is that as I washed it off my face, I noticed how incredibly soft my hands felt! I don't remember the last time my hands felt that soft but wow! So I thought that was cool that no only do these soften your face when you apply them as masks but also your hands when you wash the mask off.

These are NOT clay masks. These do dry down considerably but do not dry down and crack like clay face masks. These mud masks feel very comfortable on the skin and also have a very slight refreshing feeling to them.
  • These mud masks are a definite MUST if you want to moisturize your skin with the benefits of argan oil and improve the texture of skin dramatically.
  • These mud masks did make a SLIGHT difference on firmness and plumpness
  • I DID NOT notice any improvement on my pores size or reduction of acne.
PROS:
-better value than the original full sized jar
- 5 different options for aromatherapy
-moisturizes skin
-softens texture and appearance of skin
-does not leave skin oily
-slightly plumped and firmed my skin
-softens hands as you wash off product from face
-great for all skin types
-helped even out dry patches and oily areas of face

CONS:
-pricey
-did not improve pores
-did not improve acne

Overall, these are a DREAM for those who are suffering from rough textured and/or dry skin as well as if you are into aromatherapy.

Thank you for stopping by :) Have a great week<3
Wicked Honey Bee

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of having different scented masks for different aromoherapy purposes and haven't come across this before. The vanilla one sounds right up my street and I find lavender really relaxing so I would probably like that one too. I tend to get quite oily patches on my skin so my only concern would be whether or not they would be too hydrating for me but I definitely think they'd be worth trying out :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might be but I feel like they also evened out my complexion as I personally get dry patches on my face lol :) I think someone that has a more oily complexion could use them less often. Thank you for stopping by BB :) <3

      Delete