Whenever we find ourselves a bit lost in our hectic schedules, troubled relationships, financial priorities or even in our own insecurities as human beings it's always important to take it down a level and understand that happiness isn't always found in the way society tells us happiness should be found. Happiness can be found in little moments that we simply don't have time to appreciate anymore.
As someone who suffers from anxiety on a daily basis as well as major bouts of depression getting back to the basics of what happiness can mean is extremely essential for a better quality of life as well as a coping mechanism. It's not about how much money you spend to be happy. It's about taking in what is around you and what you make of it.
Here are some examples of everyday things that can bring us peace and comfort. :)
- Sleeping in your bed with freshly cleaned sheets and pillowcases.
- Seeing dewdrops on plants and flowers.
- Listening to a song that can make you dance as you clean your home. (or blast some metal when I'm home alone which always puts me in a good mood)
- Washing your face or taking a shower after a long day.
- Staying in on a Saturday night with a significant other to watch your favorite tv episodes and eat your favorite pizza.
- Being yourself.
- Reading a good book you simply cannot put down. (yes, that would be Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in the photo above which I finished at 2 am the night it was released. No shame. None at all.)
- Watching an extra amazing sunset with shades of magenta, peach and violet.
- Laying underneath the stars at night and marveling at the fact that you exist.
- Drinking cold water on a hot day
- Complimenting others.
- Having a really good yawn and stretch.
- Learning something new ( Trivia: Did you know that Saturn has over 60 moons?!)
- Praying, meditating or focusing on good energy/vibes.
- Eating your favorite healthy snack.
- Writing a handwritten letter to someone and sending it.
- Laughing at your mistakes. ( kind of like how I smashed my finger today at work and hit myself in my ear HARD with a box. Still not entirely sure how that happened.)
- Telling someone that you love them knowing that you mean it.
- Being part of some sort community where other people love the same things you love ( hey beauty community! Looking at you! :) It can be anything from comic-con to disney fanatics, gamer stuff, book clubs, zumba/fitness life, car shows, etc. I've even heard of bird watching clubs. Whatever community it is, you do you!
- Putting on your favorite perfume.... before going to sleep. (<--This is a good one, trust me)
Thank you so much for reading! I hoped this helped some of you out in some way. I know thinking about and writing my own list of what Happiness Is for me raised my serotonin levels. :) I would love to know about the little things that brings you happiness.
Have a great rest of the week! <3
Wicked Honey Bee