Sunday, July 3, 2016

BzzAgent Buzz: NEW Loreal Pure Clay Masks in Exfoliate & Refine Red Algae, Purify & Mattify Eucalyptus, Detox and Brighten Charcoal*


Hi everyone, long time no see! June has been such a hectic and stressful month for me. I was kind of thinking it was gonna be all lovey dovey with birds chirping and butterflies fluttering about. NOPE! Not the case. I have been busy juggling a part time job with a full time school PLUS my fibromyalgia has been misbehaving a bit which really makes things harder for me. BUT I am back :)

So today I have a review, a little different than the others that I have done. These products were sent to me by BzzAgent for review purposes. If you don't know exactly what BzzAgent is, BzzAgent is an online website that sends you free products to try in exchange for honest, thorough feedback. In order to qualify for products to review, you need to fill out surveys and be active with their activities. It's a pretty easy website to navigate through and I highly recommend you sign up with them!

So I was sent these three clay face masks. These masks are from L'oreal and they are new on the market. They each retail for $12.99 and each claim to serve a different purpose. Each pot has 1.7 oz.

Exfoliate and Refine Pores Red Algae Mask, Purify and Mattify Eucalyptus Mask, Detox and Brighten Charcoal Mask
Pure Clay Mask Exfoliate and Refine Pores, 3 Pure Clays + Red Algae
 The Exfoliate and Refine Red Algae mask is the only one out of the three that has small grain-like particles that helps exfoliate the skin as you wash it off.
Pure Clay Mask Purify and Mattify Pores, 3 Pure Clays + Eucalyptus
 The Purify and Mattify Eucalyptus mask is my favorite and the least drying out of the three. As soon as I washed it off, I noticed very noticeably brighter skin, more than I noticed than the Charcoal mask.
Pure Clay Mask Detox and Brighten, 3 Pure Clays + Charcoal
Detox and Brighten with Charcoal mask was probably the least impressive of the bunch. It's still a good, affordable mask but there was nothing too special about it. The eucalyptus mask brightened the skin more than the charcoal mask.
Red Algae on left//Black Charcoal on right
Overall, I liked the Eucalyptus the best. I felt that it really made my skin look the best and it dried out my skin the least. However, all three did perform pretty similar. None of them irritated my skin which can be common with clay masks since they suck out more than just the excessive oil in skin; they can also suck out ALL oils from the skin. I didn't have that problem with these. I think these would be good masks for people like myself that have a combination type skin where it's not too oily or too dry. They all dried in roughly 5 to 10 minutes and needed to be taken off in 15 minutes. The Red Algae mask has a pretty cool concept to it. Considering it is a scrub and a clay mask it didn't feel harsh on the skin. I would recommend using these up to 2 times a week instead of 1 time a week which is what I usually recommend for clay masks. These were also easier to wash off than some other clay masks that I have tried. I know sometimes they can get really stuck on the skin and I am happy to report that it wasn't the case for these :) They all visibly tightened my pores, didn't leave my skin too dry and removed all of the excess of dead skin. That being said, I do still think that the Eucalyptus had a little extra brightening power and dried out my skin the least. Not too much of a difference... just a little ;)

PROS:
-medium range priced clay masks
-good for sensitive skin
- brightens skin
-easy to wash off

CONS:




-not cruelty free
-charcoal mask was an average performing mask

Thank you so much for stopping by! I do hope I am able to get back into the swing of blogging again. It sucks because there has been so much I have been wanting to talk about but I just have had no time. Thank you again everyone, stay safe!

Peace,
Wicked Honey Bee

*Disclaimer: I was sent all three of the items mentioned for free for review purposes. I am not being paid. As always.... my review is still my honest humble opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these before but I'm all about the face masks at the moment as my skin has been having such a nightmare. Great review and I'll definitely keep an eye out for them :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are new BB!:) I believe they are available at Ulta where I'm at. And yes! Tell me about it, I accidently fell asleep with my makeup on over the weekend two nights in a row. And my skin is NOT happy right now lol :)

      Delete