Sunday, May 1, 2016

My trip to Universal Studios Hollywood Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

"Whether you come back by page or by the big screen Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home"- J.K. Rowling
Hey peeps! Welcome back! So, I have had an action packed Friday and I had to share it with you guys. If you follow my blog you may already know that visiting Hogwarts has been a goal for me this Spring. I have finally been able to visit it this Friday and omg, all I can say is I can't wait to go back!

It's been approximately 10 years since I last visited Universals Studios Hollywood. It's such a great place and magical in its own way. Ever since I heard that Harry Potter was going to be coming to Hollywood Universals Studios, I had to go again as soon as possible and so away I went!
  • Hi Buckbeak!<3
  • Butterbeer stand :) A must try if you ever visit Hogsmeade
  • It never snows in SoCal... we must be in Hogseade!
  • Hmmm... which wand to pick?
  • Chocolate Frogs! I thought I felt something jumping around in there
  • Hogwarts!!!
  • Where to? Hogwarts or Hogsmeade?
  • Honeydukes for those with a sweet tooth
It was BEAUTIFUL! It was of course packed with people but it was so amazing. I was able to pick up my Elder Wand ( or the Dumbledore wand) and picked up a butterbeer which were the two things I HAD to pick up! Let me tell you, the line for the butterbeer was looonnng but it was really good if you are into sweet drinks. I would say it's a combination of caramel and butterscotch. :) I wish we didn't have to leave but alas, earwax! Oh wait, ahem I meant to say, alas, I'll see you again soon Hogwarts!
  • So glad to see Waterworld is still at Universals! Those flames were HOT
  • Raptor on the loose!
  • Steven Spielbergs, movie director legend in case you didn't know, aircraft for one of his sets
  • The Simpsons ride was so funny!
  • That's the biggest guitar I have seen
  • Gorilla on the loose!
  • Walking the red carpet like a pro
The rest of Universals was great! We were able to get on almost all of the rides which included the action packed Transformers and the heart stopping Jurassic Park ride. If you recognize that plane wreck above, YES, that is from the actual Steven Spielbergs set from War of the Worlds and was also the music video set of Rihanna's and Nicki Minaj's "Fly".

Overall, I had a great time at Universals Studios. It's was really cool seeing so many people dressed up in wizards robes and so, so, so many other people with Harry Potter shirts, scarves and wands. It's amazing what Joanne Rowling did and this empire she created despite her obstacles when she first was trying to get The Sorcerers Stone published. Facing sexism, rejection and other personal obstacles in her life, she was able to create something so magical and touching. I will forever love her books and her determination. She is a true inspiration and I am just so happy for her!

If you are ever in SoCal, definitely check out Universals Studios. It is so fun there and maybe you will get lucky and see a celeb or two! ;)

Would you want to visit Hogwarts? Thank you for stopping by, I hope you also had a great Friday and great week!

Love always,
Wicked Honey Bee

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had an amazing time and I would absolutely love to visit Universal Studios and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It's a little far for me to travel to from the UK but you never know, maybe one day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida is always a closer option if you ever get the chance! :) They have Disneyland too ;) wink, wink! On the other hand, it would be so awesome if they were able to build a Wizarding World in England... it would make it so authentic! :D

      Delete