Friday, April 1, 2016

OPI Duo Pack Coin in My Purse Set Review + Swatches

Wow! We are finally into April! This year has been going TOO fast so far. I swear the older I get the faster time flies but it's okay. I have my makeup to comfort me ;)
I've been on a nail polish spree lately. After not painting my nails for quite some time, I have found myself getting back into it hard lately. Building up my collection again, I realized I needed a cute pink. I saw this duo set from Ulta and decided that this was for me.

This set retails for $16.95 on the Ulta website. It comes with two full sized polishes with 0.5 oz each and one coin purse.
Look at my Bow!
Look at my Bow! is a light blue toned baby pink with a cream finish. It was opaque in two coats.


Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel

Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel is a magenta base with tons of pink and purple finely milled glitter. Opaque in two coats.

OPI Duo Pack Coin In My Purse Set
Overall, I ended up liking Starry-Eyed for Dear Daniel better than Look at my Bow! The glitter turned out to be actually nice and not as tacky looking as I originally thought it was going to be. Whenever I think of glitter nails, I think of myself... back in middle school and high school. It's not that Look at my Bow! was bad or anything like that but I think it may look a bit off on me personally because of those blue undertones. If you personally like those bubblegum pinks, this might be a good set for you to try out. You can also save some bucks when you buy this set!

One thing that threw me off was the white Hello Kitty packaging. I thought it was going to be actually printed onto the packaging instead of it just being a little plastic. Although, I will say that the Hello Kitty plastic cover is very sturdy. I find it hard to imagine anyone ripping that limited edition packaging off by accident so I think it kind of balances itself out.

PROS:
-full sized
-comes with coin purse
-value set (save around $5)
-colors work/pair with each other

CONS:
-couldn't find any :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Your blogger,
Wicked Honey Bee xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I love the glittery pink shade and agree that it's not too much or too tacky :) I think the two look lovely together as well like you have done in the photo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you BB :) I wanted to do a gradient with the glittery pink shade but I realized half way through doing my nails, I need to practice some more with gradients lol. It would look really cute that way though! :)

      Delete
  2. a very sweet post ! love it. would you like to follow for follow ?

    NEW post- Adidas neo cloudfoam


    Facebook |Bloglovin |♥Instagram | Lookbook |Google✚


    Stay Gold

    ReplyDelete