Thursday, April 21, 2016

Five ways to save money when buying makeup


Whenever I purchase makeup, I always think of, "How can I save money and not have to pay full price?" Now, if my parents or other disapproving people were to read this article, they would probably say, "JUST DON'T BUY MAKEUP. THAT'S HOW YOU WOULD SAVE MONEY. DUH, JESSICA, DUH!" But for all my beauty enthusiasts/rebels who refuse for those judgemental stares to turn them to mush and continue to build their beauty/makeup collection, here are my favorite ways to save some cash as I buy.

1. EBATES
Before you even go shopping online, always pop into Ebates, log in, click the store and it will redirect you to the stores page. ONLY with that page that Ebates redirected you with, you will be able to get cashback. The way Ebates works is that you will get a percentage of what you spent back. You can either receive it through a check in the mail or through paypal. It's super easy! 

2. ON CLEARANCE SECTION
Who doesn't love the Clearance section? Whether you are shopping at Target, Walmart, Sephora, etc. always check the clearance section! Usually the clearance section has stuff that the store wants to get rid to make room for other new stuff. Many times that means that it's your last chance to get it before it's gone for good!

3.VALUE SETS
Sephora Favorites, holidays sets, MakeupGeek Bundle Sets, Urban Decay Vaults, ELF bundles, perfume sets, Bath and Body Works black friday tote to name just a few things that come to my mind when I think of value sets. Value Sets usually means you have to pay more in one sitting in order to get more and save some money if you were instead to buy the products individually. This Sephora Favorites Set is an example of a value set.

4. SALES/DISCOUNTS
Sephoras recent BI/VIB/VIBROUGE sale is a great example of this. I always catch Tartes website having sales as well as Coastal Scents and Urban Decay. Some other sites can be a little more stubborn into giving us discounts which is why I keep my eyes extra open during Black Friday and Cyber Monday for those hard to find sales. (ex. Labor day sale, 4th of July sale). Subscribing to online to newsletters is a great way to keep up to date on what sales are on.
 
5. OUTLETS
Nordstrom Rack, CCO's Off Saks Fifth Avenue, Allcosmeticswholesales website, Hautelook, Overstock are some outlets that I like to shop from that I know are reliable.( Hautelook offers 50% off The Balm!)

Some extra ways I like to save money overall...
-I always take into consideration on the shipping costs and how much I have to spend to get free shipping.
- I try to stay away from paying for deluxe sizes ( I will be writing a post on this very soon!) because I can usually get them for free.
-Check what you can get with your purchase (samples, deluxe sized or free full sized item, coupons for next time purchase) 

What are some ways you like to save money when buying beauty related products? Have a great week! <3

Your blogger,
Wicked Honey Bee

2 comments:

  1. Some great tips here and I definitely need to think more about saving money when buying makeup. I'm terrible and usually just buy it thinking that's the price it is without shopping around or looking in clearance sections. I need to take your advice though so I'll definitely try and think about it more before parting with my hard earned cash! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think about it BB. With the money you can save, you can buy more beauty related items or other stuff that's important like gas money, a dinner out with a friend, clothes etc. Thank you for reading and I hope you can save some of your money while shopping! :D And thank you for letting me know you found this helpful! <3 Have a great day!

      Delete