Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light Review

Happy Thursday everyone! I cannot believe February is almost over. Wasn't it just Christmas like a week ago?? Say what? Okay! As we progress into March, our skin is changing as the season changes the temperatures and the light outside. Which brings me to this! Hourglass is an amazing brand and they are pretty well known for their beautiful Lighting Powders. These powders help diffuse natural and artificial lighting to give your skin a softened effect.

Hourglass Lighting Powder in Diffused Light is a permanent shade on the Sephora website. It contains 10 grams and retails for $45.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light is a light beige with a yellow tint and micro, sparse sparkle. Sheer finish.


Overall, I think it's nice but not an everyday use for me since it is so pricey. It is a good product for taking photos, that's for sure! Hourglass powders in general are consistently sheer and should not be relied on for "full coverage" or any coverage at all. This specifically is used to help blur imperfections and helps soften harsh lines or imperfections on the face. It does not control oil nor does it "cover" imperfections. It does however, say what it says it does and works exactly how it should. Too much of this dusted on can leave a white cast on the face on most people, depending on how fair or dark you are. I personally use this over Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation  which is a full coverage, matte finish foundation. When I pair that foundation with Diffused Light, I end up with a slightly dewy finish. Not shiny or even slightly oily at all. I think I would call it a "settled iridescent glow". That's the best way I can describe the finish of this powder lol. Yes, a "settled iridescent glow". It has tiny, TINY little micro shimmer that helps reflect light beautifully. I didn't notice any creasing or settling into fine lines which is really nice considering how light and thin this powder applies to the skin. I really enjoy this powder but I don't wear it everyday because of the price and depending on the occasion. It's not entirely necessary but it does give the face a little something special.

PROS:
-good amount of product
-nice sized mirror
-great for photography
-blurs and softens imperfections
-can be used for setting foundations

NEUTRAL:
-semi translucent

CONS:
-pricey

Do you own any Hourglass products? Hope you are all looking forward to your Friday and weekends! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous as there are so many products from Hourglass that I want to try and I have now just found one more to add to my wish list! I use Double Wear too so this sounds like a great product for adding a bit more dimension to the skin after using such a matte foundation. I also really want to try the Hourglass primer and foundation but the prices do put me off! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used a giftcard from Ebates:) They asked if I wanted my cashback in the form of a gift card for a couple bucks more. It's a great way to get some money back from your purchases:)
      I think the best time to purchase Hourglass is whenever they are on sale which isn't very often unfortunately :/ Sephora VIB sales are coming up soon though so keep a tab on that ;)! It will be a good investment if it's something you don't plan on wearing every single day.
      I want their strobe powders! I swatched them in store the other day and I have been lusting after them since.

      Delete
    2. It would be a good investment and I'm sure I would use it every day. I wish we had a Sephora here in the UK but I can always keep an eye out online and see if I can order it :) c

      Delete
    3. Hopefully you can get your hands on it BB :) And hopefully Sephora realizes they need some stores in the UK with you guys! *fingers crossed* :)

      Delete