Thursday, November 12, 2015

Colourpop CremeGel Colour and Creme Gel Liner swatches +review Boots, Exit, Beesting, Piggy Bank


Hellooo wicked readers, welcome back ladies and gents. I'm back with a review which includes Colourpops new eyeliners in both liner and pot form! I was soooo excited for these and I did end up picking out some of the brightest colors that they came out with for this line.  I picked up 4 out of the 24 shades that is up on their website now.

The creme gel colour comes in a pot form with 1 oz. and retails for $6 each.
The creme gel liner comes in a twist up pencil with 1 oz. and retails for $5 each.
Both are now available online Colourpops website.

Creme Gel Liner (twist up pencil), Creme Gel Colour (pot form)
Boots-bright fuschia pink with a matte finish


Creme Gel Liner (twist up pencil), Creme Gel Colour (pot)
BEE STING: bright, electric sky blue

Creme Gel Liner (twist up pencil), Creme Gel Colour(pot form)
EXIT: true, pure white

Creme Gel Liner (twist up pencil), Creme Gel Colour (pot)
Piggy Bank- a true vibrant, eggplant with strong red undertones and a matte finish

using Creme Gel Colour in Piggy Bank
Overall thoughts, I prefer the gel creme colors over the twist up liners. The creme gel colours pack a powerful punch of color and they are beautiful and while the creme gel liners also do have good pigmentation, they are slightly less opaque. Not by much, but still noticeable enough. The creme gel colours also are a lot easier to work with than the gel liners. I noticed while I was using the pencil Piggy Bank that there was A LOT of breakage. I broke it at least 3 times using on my eyes on my first try. There goes a lot of wasted product! That being said, they kept breaking because they were too dry. I think the formula would be better if they were creamy and were able to set after instead of being dry to begin with. I also noticed tugging of the skin and skipping. On the other hand, all you need for the creme gel colours (pot form) is your preferred eyeliner brush and you are good to go. I like these a lot because you have enough time to smudge out the creme before it sets and once it sets, it will set for GOOD. I wore one today for a good 8 hours and I did not notice ANY smudging whatsoever. So, I would definitely recommend to get the gel creme colours(pots) over the creme gel liners(twist up pencils). On a more personal note, I do wish Colourpop did not name these two different products so similar. It confuses me, I'm not even going to lie! But it doesn't really interfere with the quality of the products, more just with my brain haha. I am really excited for the gel creme colours and will certainly look forward to ordering some more!

Another thing I noticed with the particular shade "Piggy Bank" was some serious staining around the eye where I applied the color, including the waterline. Piggy Bank is a purple and the stain it left was a pink/red. I looked freaking crazy the day after I wore Piggy Bank. So I would be careful with the colors that have a red or blue base to them as those pigments are the colors that tend to stain skin the most. I did not have any allergic reaction but the stain was pretty noticeable. I did not see any staining with Exit or Beesting. I did however see a slightly less noticeable stain to Boots.

ONE last thing was that there was an inconsistent amount in the jars. I would really like to hear your comments if you had one that had too little or too much because EXIT was half of what the others had. I am left to assume I just... had a dud?


I would also like to thank Colourpop for having excellent customer service. I've ordered from them quite a few times before and this was the first time I received an order wrong and they responded and resolved my issue promptly. Mistakes happen and thank you for making this hassle-free.

PROS for the Colourpop Creme Gel Colour
-cruelty free
-affordable
-diverse colors
-diverse finishes
-creamy
-long lasting
-no smudging
-easy smudging/blending out before it sets
-highly pigmented

CONS for the Colourpop Creme Gel Colour
-very noticeable staining of eye area for certain shades
-inconsistent product amount

PROS for the Colourpop Creme Gel Liner:
-cruelty free
-affordable
-diverse colors
-diverse finishes

CONS for the Colourpop Creme Gel Liner:
-dry texture
-lots of breakage
-slightly less pigmented than the creme gel colours

I definitely recommend the Creme Gel Colours over the Creme Gel Liners!

Hope you ladies and gents have a wonderful rest of the week! :) Any questions, comments or concerns? Please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment