Saturday, October 17, 2015

Urban Decay Travel-Size set of 5 Delirious

I must confess I am an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencils lover and it's okay. You know why? Because they are freaking good, that's why. So when I saw this set, naturally I had to have it. These are just my kind of colors. Jewel tones. I can't live without them. So, in this set you get 5 travel sized pencils each with 0.03oz of product and this retails for $29 on the Sephora website. I believe Ulta carries the other version of this set which has more neutral friendly colors.

Perversion: most beautiful blackest, matte pitch black. This is a staple for me.
Zodiac: moss green with gold and green glitter
Delirious: eggplant purple with warm undertones and pink glitter
Accuse: true royal blue with aqua glitter
Muse: neutral brown with gold shimmer.

Final Verdict:
First thing I thought of when I saw the color selection was of the Urban Decay Smoked palette (not to be confused with the recently released smoky palette.) You get a pitch black, a brown and a jeweled tone purple, blue, and green. I like the fact that the jewel tones have glitter in them instead of just shimmer because it makes them more festive and more alive and that's something that works well for the holidays. The glitter is not chunky by the way and does not interfere with how the eyeliner itself performs.

It's a great set for people barely getting into Urban Decay or trying out their 24/7 Glide-On Liners for the first time. However, if you are a UD veteran then you may already know... you may or may not need these. If you have some of their 24/7 Glide-On sets like the Ocho Loco or last years Ten.. then you may already have some similar colors. Delirious reminds me a lot of Voodoo while Zodiac reminds me of a cross between Apathy and Mars. Perversion can be found in many different sets.  I believe I have like 4 Perversions from other Urban Decay palettes I have gotten. However these all performed beautifully like all their other 24/7 Glide On Pencils and I still recommend them even if you have a ton of 24/7 Glide On Pencils. I don't see the quality any less than from their permanent line which is always a plus especially when working with holiday sets.

PROS:
-Water resistant
-Good variation of colors
-consistent quality 
-great for gifting

CONS:
-similar colors to previous holiday sets

No comments:

Post a Comment