Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Sephora Favorites Give Me More Lip 2015

Welcome back everyone! I love how the holidays are coming up around the corner and I'm even more stoked at all these holiday kits coming out. The Sephora Favorites Give Me More Lip was something I bought kind of on a whim. I got at first mostly because I thought it was a good deal. As I was anxiously stalking it through the postal service, I became more and more excited about it and I'm happy to say... it does not disappoint.

There are a total of 15 lip products in this kit. Four out of those fifteen are full sized while the remaining eleven are deluxe sizes ( or minis if you would like to call them that). This set costs $59 and has a value of $197.

This kit includes:
  • Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Cognac (deluxe)
  • Kat Von D Studded Kiss in Homegirl (deluxe)
  • NARS Lipstick in Scarlett Empress (full size)
  • Buxom Full On Lip Cream in Berry Blast (deluxe)
  • Lancome Paris Lip Lover in 355 Framboise Etoile (deluxe)
  • Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Rouge Pur Couture Le Rogue (deluxe)
  • Ciate London Liquid Velvet in Risque (full size)
  • Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Magenta Matte (full size)
  • Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Peony (deluxe)
  • Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak (full size)
  • Fresh Sugar Tulip Tinted Lip Treatment (deluxe)
  • Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Super Strawberry (deluxe)
  • Buxom Full On Lip Polish in Sophia (deluxe)
  • Tarte Lipsurgence Skintuitive Lip Gloss in Energy (deluxe)
  • Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Milky Way (deluxe)

FULL SIZES
DELUXE SIZES

Bite Beauty Matte Lip Crayon in Cognac - deep, intense brown with red undertones in a crayon form and cream finish.
Kat Von D Studded Kiss in Homegirl- matte, deep eggplant with red undertones lipstick. Somewhat drying.
NARS Lipstick in Scarlett Empress- cranberry lipstick with cream finish
Buxom Full On Lip Cream in Berry Blast- clean, berry pink with semi sheer finish. Plumping gloss with no shimmer.
Lancome Paris Lip Lover in 355 Framboise Etoile- Hot pink in gloss. Good pigmentation
Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Rouge Pur Couture Le Rogue- bright cool toned red lipstick
Ciate London Liquid Velvet in Risque- intense warm, orange red with velvet finish. full pigmentation.
Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Magenta Matte- bright cool toned magenta pink lipstick with some purple undertones.
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Peony- midtone neutral pink.
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak- soft pink color lipstick
Fresh Sugar Tulip Tinted Lip Treatment- Sheer neutral pink balm
Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Super Strawberry- sheer strawberry pink in crayon form
Buxom Full On Lip Polish in Sophia- neutral mauve pink gloss with faint shimmer and plumping properties.
Tarte Lipsurgence Skintuitive Lip Gloss in Energy- almost clear, that intensifies to a natural pink gloss once on lips.
Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Milky Way - neutral, nude midtone brown lipstick with a creamy finish.

I highly recommend this. Plain and simple. Although, the kit has quite a few various shades of pinks, it still has a great variety that ranges from vampy shades, reds, corals, and nudes. As much as I would have personally liked to see some natural nudes, I have to look at it in a universal perspective, and I've got to say that this kit will work for so many, many different skin tones and undertones. That being said, well done Sephora for using these shades as they will reach a wide audience!
Apart from variety, yet universally friendly, of colors, you also get a good variety of formulas and finishes. You get some gloss, traditional lipsticks, crayon lip colors, balms, plumping glosses and even a velvet finish! This was my first time trying the Ciate Liquid Lip Velvet and omg, I think I already know whats going on my VIB Rogue sale wishlist. I LOVE the texture, the finish and the color!
I am always wary of deluxe sizes... as you can get them, depending when and where, for free. However, this set has four full size products which does equal to more than $59. Already right there you get more bang for your buck!

PROS:
-try out different brands
-try out different formulas, textures and finishes,
-good variety of colors
-four full sized products
-universally friendly color selections
-can reuse gold box it comes in for personal use
-gift friendly

CONS:
-could have used some more nudes

Anyone planning on picking this up? Any questions, comments or concerns please contact me:)

Oh yeah I forgot to mention my mini celebration with myself for finally getting over a really bad cough. What better way to celebrate than with a nice cream snack?:) lol 

2 comments:

  1. I really want to get this set! It has so many products I already love and a few I've been dying to try!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pick it up before it sells out Elisabeth! I fell in love with the Smashbox and Ciate formulas/colors :)

      Delete